Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Swearing-In

It is hard to believe I’m actually a Peace Corps Volunteer now. If you weren’t keeping score, we had three months of training before we were sworn in as Volunteers and now the 24-months of service clock starts. If you would have told me 18-months ago that I would be a Peace Corps volunteer I would have told you that you were crazy. The 16th of November we swore it at the Ambassador’s residence. It was a nice ceremony and two members from each host family were invited. I am sure for many of the Guatemalans this was on of the nicest houses they have ever seen, actually now that I think of it, it was one of the nicer houses I had seen too. We were then able to spend the weekend in Antigua-Guatemala, which was a nice change and a good chance to get together with friends before we went off to the four winds. Now it's time to get to work.

No comments: